Drawing workshops:
I did a range of quick drawing exercises to help generate developments.
after looking at others development for sleeves, I decided to draw it from a different angle (side/back) for some different developments.
I did a range of quick drawing exercises to help generate developments.
firstly I just drew a bunch of random collars from inspiration pages
then i picked one collar and did some quick developments from it (above), I really like where the bottom row is starting to go.
Then I moved on to sleeves, I didn't want to have a boring round sleeve seam so I tried to incorporate the seam line in with the front of the jacket.
after looking at others development for sleeves, I decided to draw it from a different angle (side/back) for some different developments.
Next I looked at silhouettes, not quite understanding the idea i tried again below.
I think my developments today have somewhat been restricted by my lack of inspirational images ( having only garments as reference) so from these shape ideas above I had the idea to look at Lucy Orta (images bottom right), i will further develop this research for next week and hopefully start some stand work.





